Kids and Youth
Your child's faith development is important to us here at Champlin UMC. This is why we have made it a focus for your child to feel they are a part of our community as well.
Kids on Sunday
We welcome children in our worship services, and we believe some wiggling is OK! There are coloring and reading supplies in the Gathering Space, and children’s activity bags are located outside the Sanctuary doors. In case a child needs a break from the service, parents can accompany their child to the Conference Room adjacent to the Sanctuary. The sound system allows you to hear the service in those spaces.
CUMC holds worship Sunday's specifically for the children in our community once every few months.Our kid friendly worship service is specifically designed with input from parents, for the inclusion of children in our worship service. The goal is to have a meaningful service that both kids and adults can understand and join in, while also teaching our children about worship. We make sure to include participation and movement from all ages in these fun services.
The Seekers are our youth from sixth grade through high school. Here are a few of our activities during the past year:
- Going to Minneapolis for three days last June for an Urban Immersion service retreat, where we had a variety of
opportunities to serve while learning about poverty, homelessness, and how we can make a difference
- Serving our annual Italian Dinner at church to raise funds for mission activities
- Preparing and serving one of Champlin UMC's Wednesday night Chow suppers
- Assembling bags of food items for middle school kids who may be home alone during holiday breaks
without enough to eat
- Participating with Champlin UMC members and friends of all ages to pack nutritious meals through the Food for Kidz program
- Helping younger children enjoy Camp Eco, the annual Fall Party on Halloween weekend, and Bonfires and s'mores
- Sunday morning Seekers class, where we learn about people in the Bible, and how their stories and our own
stories help us understand God's love and how we can follow Jesus.
Children's Christmas Program
Camp Eco is an annual event to provide families with an in-town camp experience. For three Wednesday evenings in August, families explore difference aspects of nature – 2018’s highlight was a presentation by the Minnesota Raptor Center, while 2019's favorite was a visit from common MN reptiles! Each evening starts with a family friendly dinner and ends with songs and s’more’s around the campfire by the beautiful Mill Pond. It is fun for the whole family!
CHUMS- CHamplin United Methodist Singers- Is the annual kid's Christmas play at Champlin United Methodist Church. Children ages 3 to 6th grade are invited to participate in the play.
Rehearsal is held Wednesday nights from September to December, it goes from 6:15-6:45 for entire cast. Speaking parts continue rehearsal until 7:15. There is a morning dress rehearsal on the first Saturday of December, and the play is performed during worship on the first Sunday in December