Your child's faith development is important to us here at Champlin UMC. This is why we have made it a focus for your child to feel they are a part of our community as well.
We welcome children in our worship services, and we believe some wiggling is OK! There are coloring and reading supplies in the Gathering Space, and children’s activity bags are located outside the Sanctuary doors. In case a child needs a break from the service, parents can accompany their child to the Conference Room adjacent to the Sanctuary. The sound system allows you to hear the service in those spaces.
We welcome children in our Refuel worship service! Following Children’s Time, families can choose for school-age children to stay with parents in the worship service, or to participate in Junior Church activities in a classroom. A volunteer will escort children to the classroom. Parents are asked to come to the classroom at the close of worship to meet their children, and then go to Connect Time for treats in the Community Room
Sunday School classes happen at 9:00 AM on Sundays during the school year, offering faith development, fellowship and fun for kids from preschool through high school.
CUMC holds worship Sunday's specifically for the children in our community once every few months.Our kid friendly worship service is specifically designed with input from parents, for the inclusion of children in our worship service. The goal is to have a meaningful service that both kids and adults can understand and join in, while also teaching our children about worship. We make sure to include participation and movement from all ages in these fun services.
NEXT KIDS WORSHIP SERVICE DATES:
February 2nd & May 17th
The Seekers are our youth from sixth grade through high school. Here are a few of our activities during the past year:
- Going to Minneapolis for three days last June for an Urban Immersion service retreat, where we had a variety of
opportunities to serve while learning about poverty, homelessness, and how we can make a difference
- Serving our annual Italian Dinner at church to raise funds for mission activities
- Preparing and serving one of Champlin UMC's Wednesday night Chow suppers
- Assembling bags of food items for middle school kids who may be home alone during holiday breaks
without enough to eat
- Participating with Champlin UMC members and friends of all ages to pack nutritious meals through the Food for Kidz program
- Helping younger children enjoy Camp Eco, the annual Fall Party on Halloween weekend, and Bonfires and s'mores
- Sunday morning Seekers class, where we learn about people in the Bible, and how their stories and our own
stories help us understand God's love and how we can follow Jesus.
Camp Eco is an annual event to provide families with an in-town camp experience. For three Wednesday evenings in August, families explore difference aspects of nature – 2018’s highlight was a presentation by the Minnesota Raptor Center. Each evening starts with a family friendly dinner and ends with songs and s’more’s around the campfire by the beautiful Mill Pond. It is fun for the whole family!
2019 Camp Eco will be held on August 7, 14, and 21st from
Keeping kids safe:
We ask each adult who participates regularly as a leader or assistant in any of our programs for children and/or youth to complete Safe Gatherings training/certification. See for more information.